Sunday, July 19, 2009

Shakedown #1 - Junction Creek

I have been backpacking but I have never toured by bicycle so with this adventure I am making sure that I am bringing all that I can think of to make the trip comfortable yet still light enough to enjoy the riding.


























I leave my house at 6:55PM and head up Junction Creek road to find a campsite for the night and settle down to a Barley Wine from Stone Brewing and a Burger that I grabbed from home. I will have to simulate trying to buy a small enough portions of fresh food at the store that I will be able to finish in one sitting.






























I make a small list of items that would make life easier on the road, pack, ride back to town and head out for a "Trimble Loop". The loop is about 25k and ends at Bread, a local bakery that is a gathering place for cyclists in Durango.

No comments:

Post a Comment